Wednesday 23 June 2010

Card Making




I've had a terrible head cold for the last few days. It's slowly clearing, but I have been very bunged up and can't breathe properly. I spent the time making a load of cards, I have so many birthday's and thank-you cards to send in the next few weeks, I thought I needed to make a start. I do buy the card blanks mostly due o lack of time to make my own from card. I sometimes buy backing papers to make the cards more 'interesting' and about once a year I buy a new cardmaking magazine to spark a few more ideas and stop me getting stale. I also find a lot of the mag's give freebies which are quite useful and you can cut out pictures to use on cards. Apart from this I recycle old cards and any other bits of 'scrap' paper, fabric, ribon etc. So here they are:


These ones are (from left to right) a thank you card for my son's teacher, a birthday card for my friend, a thank you card for my child-minder and a birthday card for my brother - thats the 'boot' at the front.



and this one's for my daughter's friend, who is eleven (could you guess!!!)





and it's a shame this one has come out so dark because its for my pretty little neice who will soon be four.




It's not bad what you can achieve with a bit of card some glue and scraps and a spare evening!!



1 comment:

  1. Hey there!
    I really enjoy giving out home-made gifts and crafts for gifts and other various occassions. I feel like it's a more personal touch and means a lot more than just a store bought item. It's an outlet to say how you really feel or appreciate the gift reciever. I just wanted to leave you a post letting you know that I really liked your photos of the cards that you made, especially the birthday card for your daughter's friend. The card was really cute and fun and it stood out a lot. Basically, great job and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete