Thursday 17 June 2010

Feeling blue



Finally here is the picture of my lovely daughter wearing the blue top and culottes that I made for her. On this occasion she had been to the football presentation, she plays goal or defense in a local girls footie team. She was presented with the clubgirl of the year presentation and was thoroughly embarrassed about going on stage to collect it.




The next time she wears the outfit it will be to the school leavers prom. She's in year 6 and leaves her primary school in July. Personally I think the whole 'Prom' thing is a bit OTT for 11 year olds, especially the amount of money some people spend on the dresses and getting the girls hair 'done etc. Although I guess it's a good excuse for the girls to dress up (those that like to!). Anyway daughter will wear this outfit, it has navy velvet bolero to go over the top if it's a chilly evening and a hair band that matches. As daughter has scalp dermatitis which forms crusts that stick her hair together, she doesn't like going to the hair dresser so I usually do it. But my friends eldest daughter has trained as a hair dresser and used to cut my daughters hair. My friends daughter broke the zip of a rather expensive dress when she went out the other day, so I'm going to replace the zip in return for a free haircut for my daughter before the day of the prom. It seems a good deal to me.

2 comments:

  1. She looks wonderful!!! What a perfect smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, looks like a complicated pattern to me.She should be very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete