Sunday 5 September 2010

Of bags and berries




Here's a picture of the bag I made my friend. She was thrilled with it.




and these are the blackberries and elderberries that we collected on Friday lunchtime when we went on an impromtu berry collection , unfortunately we were only armed with my rather small lunchbox so the cache wasn't huge. They are now safely stowed away in my Freezer with a few that were collected last week. When I have a few more I will make my blackberry, elderberry and apple jelly - if I can get it to set. I think the vibes are all wrong in my house this year, none of my jam is setting well. Even the apple and ginger jelly that I made earlier hasn't set properly and that always sets.



I'm just about to order some lining fabric. I'm planning to make a walking cape from some thick black coat fabric that I was given a few years ago. There isn't much of it but I have had the cape pattern quite a few years (at one time I made a tartan version!) and I suddenly realised that there was enough black material to make a cape, but I don't have any lining so I will need to buy some. I have found a zip salvaged from a fleece top about four years ago and some buttons from an old cardi, so the lining is all I will need to buy.



Oh I nearly forgot to add that I had my hair cut into a neat 1920's style layered graduated bob. It had been getting quite long and with the 'new' wavy hair I was beginnng to resemble Crystal Tips. The cut was suposed to help me make it lie straight like it used too, but I can only acheive this with hairdryers and straightener's - neither of which I use (and I don't even own straigtheners). So my hair is still wavy and is now a little bit to short, but quite cute and very me!


1 comment:

  1. The bag looks gorgeous, I'm not surprised your friend was very pleased with it,and the berries look very lush as well.

    ReplyDelete