Friday 14 January 2011

I'm sort of back again




Things have been a bit hectic since my last blog. My camera broke, my mum moved then there was christmas and new year and then my nan moved, but things seem to have settled down now. The camera works again and I now have a netbook so no more fighting for use of the main computor whe n I want to blog- hooray. I still need to get a lead to contect the camera to the netbook and some photo editing software, but I'm nearly there now.



I have a huge amount of projects lined up and most of them won't cost me anything. During the various house moves mentioned above I have gained quite a lot of yarn and some fabric so I have loads to get on with.



Here is my lastest creation. Its a knitted bodywarmer in a lilac mohair with a fairisle panel at chest height (back and front) in cream grey and pink. The lilac and pink yarns were 'inherited' from my nan and the cream and grey were from my stash. I sucessfully managed to line it with an old thin childs duvet that no-one wanted any more. This makes it fabulously warm. The only thing that I had to buy was the zip and some thread to sew the lining and the zip. This is the first time I have lined or put a zip into a knitted item and I was unsure how it would work, but I'm really pleased with it.

I have been imagining a knitted bodywarmer since the weather started turning colder last Autumn, with all the Christmas pressies that I made it took a little longer to reach reality, but its good that I waited otherwise I would have had to buy the yarn.


1 comment:

  1. Ive missed your posts! Glad youre back... life sounds like its been hectic but knitting appears to have kept you sane!! Thank goodness for yarn! The body warmer is so pretty and I can see its going to practical too. I admire how thrifty you are!
    Happy new year Mary x

    ReplyDelete