Tuesday 29 November 2011

Christmas Pudding Day

Sunday I finally made the Christmas pud.  I only make a small one each year as there's only my dad and mother-in-law that eat it.  I have a special recipe that I make each year which isn't quite traditional as it contains beer.
Here's the little beauty after it's been steamed ready to have fresh baking paper cap and be stored away ready for the big day.

Progress has been made on the ruffle dress, the collar is finished and completed with three small buttons to close it - just the hems to do now.  But I realised I need another top/dress for a work party, I have a lovely piece of satin that a work friend gave me for my birthday and this needs to be made into the work party outfit to show her how much I appreciated the gift.  The birthday cake needs to progress.  Daughter has promised to help me with making the chocolate cake and perhaps the icing, in return for me highlighting her hair.  At nearly 13, I think she is finally beginning to show some small signs of being a girl, although wearing a skirt is still very much out of the question.  But it could be worse, I could have a daughter who wants to wear very inappropriate outfits.  As well as this I have two sixth form open evenings to attend with son, not to mention getting the rest of the christmas shopping and wrapping up things that need to be distributed early, so apologies but blog posts will be a bit sporadic.

No comments:

Post a Comment