Sunday 6 February 2011

The Weekend

This is a two in one blog.  It shows my weekend outfit and also what I have been working on this week.  Thisblue crochet shawl was adapted from a scarf pattern, and worked up very quickly as the yarn was thick and I used a 6mm crochet hook.


Underneath the shawl is a very seventies inspired top.  Look out for this fabric in future blogs, as there was quite a lot of it and the rest is earmarked to make an easter present for my mum.
I wore these tops with my 'Miss Sixty' jeans.  I got these last summer and they were a real bargain.  The have big turn-ups at the bottom, and had obviously been too long for the previous owner and had worn a bit at the bottom wher they dragged on the ground.  This was easily fixed by ironing some mending tape over the worn patch on the inside.  I turn the turn-up's up at a differnt point to the previous owner and they comletely cover the marks.

 








I hope that you enjoyed my clothes week.  I'm off to make cards this afternoon.
More on my latest projects next week.

2 comments:

  1. That was great fun Mary! Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your shawl and top. Great colours, and the fabric is lovely.

    ReplyDelete