Monday 7 November 2011

Woolly Kimono





A few months ago in my Burda magazine there was a lovely kimono pattern, but I never got round to making it.
 In the pattern book it was made from lace with a satin lining but I didn't have lace or satin and quite frankly that didn't seem very warm with winter just round the corner.
 I did have a long piece of navy marl knitted fabric.  I got it as a bit of a mistake, I wanted a different fabric which I bought on the internet in a sale.  Then the seller told me there wasn't enough of my first choice fabric and so I chose another fabric to make up the quantity.  Then in the end, due to flaws in the fabric, I ended up with not enough of my chosen fabric and a huge quantity of the navy marl.  C'est la vie.
Then this weekend in my panic that I won't have enough warm clothes for winter, I realised that I could make the kimono.  So I set to work....
 and as the pattern was very simple I soon had another nice warm jacket cum cardi.
As it's not very warm in my house tonight, I'm wearing it right now.
More winter clothes need to be made soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment