Monday 31 May 2010

Hair again

I wanted to do an update on my hair. As mentioned in an earlier blog I have more or less always hated my straight fine limp hair, especially as my brother is blessed with the curliest hair ever so that it forms natural ringlets - I have always been so jealous of this (and his long dark eyelashes!!). In a final attempt to like my hair in it's chin length bob and allow it to grow to shoulder length rather than the cropped, I decided to stop using shampoo and use bicarbs and cider vinegar. It took a couple of weeks for it to settle down during which time it looked a bit greasy and then got a bit dry. I only use the bicarbs about once a week and this has stopped the dryness and in between I either wash with just the cider vinegar rinse or plain water. As we have loads of eggs at the moment I indulged in an egg hair mask on Saturday. I just mixed it up and rubbed it into my hair after I had washed it with bicarbs, it was a bit gloopy but I've used gloopier things that have been bought in pots. The I lay back in the bath and relaxed for a while, before rinsing it out and finishing off with the vinegar rinse and a blast of cold water from the shower. I couldn't have got better results from my hair if I had used heaps of specially formulated products. My hair definitely has lots more volume, although I often tie it back for work as in the pictures from last week. I can't claim that my hair has gone curly, but if I brush it before washing and just leave it to dry after washing it certainly has more movement than before, which I am not displeased about. It's more shaggy than wavy but any natural movement in my hair is an improvement. I'll get a picture next sometime during the week as the kids are away now there's no-one to take a picture.

1 comment:

  1. Try Lush....... I either use their Curly Wurly or there purple coloured shampoo bar, they use really nice ingredients, there is a website if you don't have a Lush near you. I haven't looked back since I started to use there products...... no, I don't work for them!

    ReplyDelete