Friday 30 December 2011

Women for Women


I couldn't wait for New Year to start my first New Year's resolution of 'giving' more.  I set up my sponsorship of a women with women for women this morning.  I have been wanting to do something to help women for a while now, after all women are very important in families and it can be very difficult for them.  I have always realised how lucky I am to come from the UK where I had a good free education and was able to easily go to University and the fact that I was female didn't have any bearing on my life or ambitions.  I had my children and could continue my work easily - because I wanted to, not out of absolute desperate necessity.
I have heard and read about some good things from this charity.  They don't just give aid, they help with education, training and setting up small businesses so that the women can regain their dignity and rebuild their lives.  I'll post more blogs when I have details of the women that I will sponsor.

No comments:

Post a Comment