Monday 26 April 2010

Sewing Sunday and other things


After going round the shopd on Saturday (son needed new tracky bottoms)I was inspired to make a white suntop/dress. White isn't really my colour, but there's lots of it in the shops and I had a nice piece of white embroidered, seqined cotton in my stash so I decided to use it. I have been thinking about making a top crochet straps for a while any excuse to practise my crochet skills, and I had some pewter coloured Rowan shimmer leftover from a scarf I made as a christmas present.

Saturday night I found out the crochet necklace pattern that I wanted to adapt and began the cochet



Sunday morning the chickens woke me up nice and early - I didn't see it this way at the time!!. I made some bread (I usually do this on Saturday but the shopping trip prevented me doing it) and cut out the material.


Then went for an eight mile run whilst the bread was rising. I'm still running very slowly, eight miles took me 1 hour 20 minutes. When I came back I settled down to sew.


The simple sundress soon came together and after trying it on and making adjustments, I was ready to attach the crochet.

and here is the finished item, hanging up and ready to wear.
The picture doesn't really do it justice - I must get one of me wearing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment