Friday 23 April 2010

Crochet

This is my first real blog. I have thought all week about what I am going to blog first and until ysterday it was something very different to this, but then the weather warmed up and I felt all summery and the blog needed to be about my new summer crocheted cardi.




Here it is spread out flat as its crocheted in a pentagon starting with a five petal flower,

I only taught myself to crochet in January and so I am very proud of it. The yarn was Debbie Bliss Cashmerino chunky which I bought in a sale last year to knit a repacement for a cable sweater that I had carelessly felted. But the new knitted sweater didn't happen and the yarn called out to be made into a crochet cardi. By the way I made a bag out of the original felted sweater and of course it goes very well with the new cardi. The bag is lined with some material I had left over from a shirt I made last summer.




I had a new dress for my birthday which also goes well - infact it was the inspiration for the cardi. I wore it today with a pink crochet scarf I made earlier in the year and a string of 'pearls' that I strung together several years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment