Sunday 3 October 2010

Pumpkins and presents

Here are the pumkins, and thats not quite all of them. Rain delayed collection of the final few, and I couldn't quite fit them all into this picture (even though I stood on a wall to take it). Most of them will be given away or sold to raise money for the allottments - where some of them were grown.


As usual I eagerly await the next seasonal product and then after a few weeks of eating nothing but it, I'm heartily sick of it. However it's the start of the pumkin season and I eagerly spent my afternoon making the season's first pumpkin pie and stuffed pumpkin (stuffing mix made with lentils and chilli's and tomatoes - we have a glut of the later two items as well).



Enough of pumpkins, now for the presnts.

The slippers for mum are finished and have been completed with a crochet edging and crochet butterflies, I was going to add flowers but daughter said that she thought it should be butterflies. (there are two slippers but could only get the butterfly if I photographed from the side.)


There was pleny of yarn leftover and so I made a pir of fingerless gloves and matching scarf for a birthday present.




and here's the birthday card

Must add a little thank you here to daughter for being a hand and foot model for the gloves and slippers in the above pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment