Saturday 16 October 2010

In progress

Dispite having a sticking bad cold, I have started the teal cardi, well more of a sleaveless bodywarmer type thing really. Its a really chunky yarn and I'm knitting it up in reverse stocking stitch with a cable up the front. It's knitted in one piece, split for the armholes, then I shall finish the shoulder seams with a three needle cast off and pick up the armhole edging with a circular needle and rib a few rows. Then pick up the sitches round the neck edge and make a hood (continuing the cable design). It will have a single closure at the neck, but I can't quite decide if this should be a button or a kilt pin ar something else.

I have also been making some prototype material slippers. My friend at work had a pair that she bought ages ago that were nearly falling to pieces and she asked if I could make something similar. So I had a bash. These are prototype No. 2, and still not quite right but they are getting there - and are currently on my feet. I took prototype No.1 into my friend on Thursday and she didn't take them off her feet all day. Not bad for a first effort.
I think I have worked out the next set of 'adjustments' but I have got to find the time to make prototype No. 3 to see if they are better. I doubt I will get time this week as I am going away on Friday (to brothers in Devon) and really want to make a new pair of trousers before I go. I have this lovely peice of brown and a new pattern I know I said no more brown - but it goes with so much stuff that I have). Hopefully will be able to cut out this weekend. I won't be able to have Sewing Sunday as I have other things to do, but I will try to make time during the week (in the evenings) to do the sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment