Sunday 22 January 2012

Running

I've managed to increase my mileage.  In December, I was barely clocking up 3 miles a week, this week I've managed 16 miles and Thursday evening's club session was one of the fastest 5 miles I have ever run.  At 46 minutes it was about 1 minute/mile faster than I usually train.  So it seems that things are going in the right direction.  I have entered a 10K race on 26 February, and this will test how far I have really come.  

Then I need to work towards a longer race, but I can't understand how people manage to fit in the mileage.  Some people at club run 30+ miles a week, but I have no idea how I could fit this amount in.  I have hardly done any crafting this week and I'm not prepared to give this up.  I started to crochet a beret, and I'm planning some sewing as well but I just haven't been able to fit it all in.  I just need to plan better particularly at the weekends.  Now I have to do the weekly shop on a Sunday, by the time I have run as well there is not enough time left (before cooking dinner) to do sewing, I just had enough time to make banana bread (from banana's that I didn't take to work this week as I had to go on a course).  Next week I'm going to swap the Sunday run to Saturday and assuming I'm not too tired I will have more time for sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment