Friday 21 October 2011

Happy Day's

Yesterday we had a knitty lunch at work.  A group of us got together at lunchtime with our knitting and had a good knatter.  There was cake, but sadly it got eaten before I took the picture.
This is how my jacket will look
I did some more of my crochet jacket using the red Drops Eskimo wool that I bought at the Knitting and Stitching show.  Other people were knitting socks, a lacey scarf and crochet slippers.
crochet jacket in progress














When I got home I found that my new felting book had arrived


I was so inspired that I quickly whisked up a small sample of nuno felt.  I have plans for a much larger scale piece in the near future.

Then today I finally managed to get to the Post Office to pick up my parcel, and opened it to reveal these Beauties.
They are from Ren at Fairysteps (http://www.fairysteps.co.uk/) and I can thoroughly recommend her fantastic leather goods.  Superb quality, fabulous design and craft(wo)manship and totally unique. I have quite a few pairs of shoes and boots from her already and I wear them all the time, they are so comfortable and durable.  In fact I think they get better with age!

I'm feeling especially pleased with this pair as they go so well with my new bag.

I'm off to pack my bag now as I'm going to my mum's for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment