Monday 10 October 2011

A lovely day


I had a lovely day out yesterday.  I went with a friend to the Knitting and Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace in London.  My friend had been quite a few times before, but this was my first time and it was definitely worth getting up early for (the journey from my house was about 1 1/2 hours).

We perused all the stalls before making up our minds what we wanted to buy.  It was like a dream - fabulous yarns, fabrics and other scrummy, crafty items all over the place.  Then we stopped for lunch before diving back in, and revisiting all the stores where we wanted to buy things.  I was trying to be restrained.

My purchases, shown above were:
Drops Eskimo in berry red to make a crochet jacket - the pattern and chunky 10mm crochet hook were also purchased.
3 balls of Drops Vivaldi in a gorgeous bright blue, to crochet a shawl from a Ravelry pattern.
3 skeins of beige yarns, that is ohh soo soft, to knit some fingerless mitts and a slouchy beret to go with my revamped cape (blog on cape to be posted later this week).
Some carded wool in blues and greens and a book on wet felting so that I can try something new!!!!

Over a quick reviving coffee and cake, we examined our purchases and talked about our intended projects.  My friend wanted a last look at a couple of stalls, then we headed back home tired and happy (and just in time for supper).

No comments:

Post a Comment