Monday 31 October 2011

Happy Halloween

 It's that spooky time of year again and here's my small pumpkin lantern, to celebrate the occasion.
Here's this year's rather meagre selection of pumpkin's.  No where near as many as last year, but last year we had far too many.
I think I must be getting very old, because when I was a kid I'm sure there weren't any pumpkin's.  There certainly wasn't in our house.  If we were lucky mum would do swede for tea on Halloween and she would carefully scrape out the middle of the swede (which must have been really hard) and we made a lantern out of the swede.  We used to have fab Halloween parties as well where we all dressed up.  We had apple bobbing and then putting your face in flour to get sweets - without drying your face in between (very messy).  Trying to eat doughnuts hanging from string with your hands tied behind your back.  And a 'Dr. Dread', where someone set up covered bowls of stuff in the kitchen with names like 'intestines' when it was spagetti and we had to put our hands in and guess what it really was.   But this year it was just my one little pumpkin lantern.

No comments:

Post a Comment