Wednesday 26 October 2011

Wind, Rain and some sunny intervals


I'm back from my long weekend away.  The weather could have been better, but a good time was had by all anyway.

The first day we went for a lovely sunny walk up the river Bovey.  The camera was still packed so we missed the best of the sunshine.

I love the sea and because we live so far inland, I always try to visit the coast whenever I am near.  On Sunday we went to Torquay we walked along the quay but nearly got blown away.  Even our sandwiches nearly blew away!
We retreated to Cockington, which is slightly inland and we looked round the crafts and exhibitions and walked the dog.  The wind was much less strong and we had a lovely day.
Monday it did nothing but rain.  This was a shame as we also had my niece with us that day.  But we donned boots and set off.  
 We needed an indoor visit so we went to Kent's Cavern which everyone from my mum to my 5 year old niece enjoyed - including a my hard to please 15 year old son.  (Sadly my choice of museums didn't meet with the approval of my children).
 On the way back we stopped near, but not too near, the sea front.  Son tried to take a picture of the waves, but spray and rain kept getting on the camera so they didn't come out well.
 By Tuesday we took the ever ready dog up to Hay Tor to blow away the cobweb's before our long drive home.
 The morning was quite sunny with just a few clouds rolling by.

We definitely had the best of the weather as the journey home was interspersed with showers some of which were very heavy and made the 4 hour drive rather difficult and tiring.  We made it home safely and didn't have too many delays.

1 comment:

  1. What an adventure! Looks like the elements threw everything at you that they could! Phew! Thank heavens for our homes...

    ReplyDelete