Sunday 29 January 2012

Crepidula


I have been having a bad week at work, there are some incredibly selfish people about who just manage to make life difficult for everyone else.  So it was doubly good when my friend phoned and told me she was going to a craft shop at Stony Stratford (link to hcscrafts) she wanted some yarn for a jumper she is knitting.  I didn't actually plan to buy anything, but I just couldn't resist this Riot chunky yarn from King Cole. 
 It's so lovely I had to take another picture of it in the bag.
 I knew it was just what I wanted to make up the Crepidula sleeveless cardi by Brigitte Beyenburgerin (available free on Ravelry).  A pattern that I had been thinking of knitting for a while, its knitted top down, so I can make it longer or shorter depending on what looks best and how much yarn I have.
I started yesterday afternoon and took this photo before it got too dark.  It's actually grown quite a lot since I took the photo, as on was working until late and I was busy knitting and watching old episodes of Poirot whilst waiting for him to finish.  The yoke is half finished now and I'm hoping to make more progress this afternoon.  Now I've started I really want it finished for daughter's birthday in three weeks time, it should look really good with an olive green floor length jersey skirt I made a few of years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment