Sunday 15 January 2012

A lucky break

As I said last time, I wanted to finish the trousers on Wednesday and I did I just haven't had time to post the picture.  So here they are.  I wore them on Friday with the ruffle scarf that I made.  Daughter bought me the ball of ruffle yarn for Christmas and I whizzed it up into a scarf one evening between Christmas and New Year.

You may have noticed that the trousers have buttons and not a zip.  I put a zip in (a brand new zip) and then went to try them on so I could alter the waist to fit before completing the waistband.  I made the alterations required and went to fit them again to check they did fit and the zip had broken.  I couldn't believe it.  But it was lucky it broke then rather than when I was wearing the trousers at work!  Although I did have another zip, it was exactly the same as the one that broke and I decided not to use it.  I had sort of gone off the idea of having a zip.  I removed the broken zip and found some jeans buttons in my stash and used those instead.  It was quick and simple to add a line of buttons and button holes and I feel safer with these than the zip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment