Friday 6 January 2012

Update

I am still keeping this blog updated, I am determined not to lapse again.  But I have been very busy,like a lt of people I want to get fitter this year.  So instead of my usual jog round the park or round the lake during my lunch break, I have joined the local running club.  This is additional to my usual jogs, as I need to up my mileage, increase my stamina and speed.  Many of you will have read that I am sponsoring a Women for women project and it is my intention to eventually run a half marathon to raise additional money for this charity.  In the mean time my aim is to decrease my 10K time to under 54 minutes.  My current 10K time is about 60 minutes so this is a considerable aim, which requires considerable time dedicated to training.  The positive side of this is that if I run in the evenings with the club, I will have all my lunch breaks for knitting or crochet.

So I have sorted my woolly stash and have lots of plans for it.  My first projects will be a hat and gloves in lovely beige alpaca that I bought at Ali Pally show last year.  I now have the patterns and so knitting should commence next week.  I need to wind the yarn into balls at the weekend.  I'm also planning some projects patterned or stripey projects to use up the oddments in my stash.

On the sewing front, I'm planning another pair of the bootleg trousers that formed part of my new year suit, this time in black stretch denim.  I always promised myself that I wouldn't have any more bootleg or flare trousers but these ones seem to make my legs look very long and slim.  Much slimmer than the currently popular 1980's style trouser's which I'm afraid to say do make my bum look big!!  This is my weekend project so hopefully some pictures next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment