Tuesday 25 May 2010

Tuesday


Sorry today's picture doesn't really do me any favours. The trouble is now I have to get son to take the pictures and to say he's not very enthusiastic is an understatement. Any way todays ensemble is some linen trousers made eight years ago a top that I bought as a sundress about four years ago. I bought it on impulse because I liked the material and as a dress it looked awful on me, so it was turned into a top and the little cardi thing is knitted from a patern in Ravelry http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/anthropologie-inspired-capelet

I always amazes me how two people knitting essentially the same pattern in the same yarn can produce quite different items. I admit I did make some changes to the pattern so that I could knit it with the two yarns that I had available and as I didn't have a button I made a crochet flower closure. My friend also knitted one of these, she used the same type of yarn, but hers was a sort of 'teddy' brown colour and she had a georgeous large button for hers. She also adapted the pattern to make hers longer (I would probably have done this as well but I had a very limited amount of the yarn).

No comments:

Post a Comment