Sunday 9 May 2010

I have been busy...










I know I have been neglecting this blog. I knew I would when I started it, but I have been busy. I have been crocheting a batch of string shopping bags. I create little material pouches for them and they make quite nice little presents. Here's the latest batch, the blue one is complete with it's pouch but the mauve and beige one's will have to wait until I next have the sewing machine out.





My daughter is very sporty and after having an emergency operation for a burst appendix in March she is just getting fit again. Yesterday was her first Karate competition for a while and we had to spend the day at a sports centre in Guildford. These event's aren't really my idea of fun, but the weather yesterday was horrid and I consoled myself by taking my latest crochet project. I was rather naughty during the week and one particularly frustrating work day I went out at lunchtime and bought the latest Rowan summer crochet book and enough cotton yarn to crochet one of the patterns. A rather nice little cap sleave cardi in a blue grey. It is much more blue than the picture shows it. I have some rather lovely white material with ditsy blue flowers and once the crochet is finished I will make a summer top or a dress from the material, I can't decide at the moment.

2 comments:

  1. Love the little crochet bags, and the little pouches for them. I make little bags for my smaller objects and there always appreciated.
    Can't wait to see the cardi when its finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can computers see, what a scary idea, was eating my pudding and the word it asked me to type in was pudyn!

    ReplyDelete