Sunday 2 May 2010

My aim in life

I'm back again. I think the last blog may have sounded a bit weird, I am not a weird person but I do like to do things a bit differently. In an ideal world I would live in the country, stay at home doing craft, baking and devoting my time to family and house. I do not live in that ideal world, I live in a four bed semi on a housing estate and have a (boring) office job. I have to live within the norms dictated by these, but as long as I am socially acceptable then I don't have do it the same way as everyone else. I was told that you couldn't use a mooncup in my work environment because the toilet cubicles don't have a tap in each cubicle. Of course this is nonsense it's perfectly easy to use a mooncup, I made some pads from material scraps as extra protection and it's worked great for years.

Everyone in the office seems to wear black or grey trousers with a shirt for work, but I have been wearing my handmade cothes for the past five plus years. I am probably known as being a 'character' but not in a bad way, a lot of people don't realise that I make my clothes and think that I buy them in trendy boutiques!

I see my mission in life as trying to prove that you can live a conventional life in a fairly tradiional and environmentally friendly way and without being seduced by advertising and hype.

I aim to make as many of my own clothes as possible (time constarints means that this limits what I have), make as much of our food as possible from organic produce quite a lot of it homegrown. I try to avoid big brand names and mass produced items.

Of course I can't smell and I do need to look cean and well presented but this doesn't mean I have to use a lot of products which may contain harmful ingredients and use valuable resources in their manufacture.

1 comment:

  1. I wish others realised they don't have to wear boring black and grey to work in an office.Keep up the good work. Was that a pair of fairysteps boots I spotted you in?

    ReplyDelete