Sunday 23 May 2010




It's now so hot I needed another sun dress. I remembered an old skirt I had made with some remnants about six years ago. I loved the skirt and had kept it although the top tiers which were made of lilac linen had faded terribly. I found two old white school shirts that my son had grown out of and a pretty hanky and some ribbon that matched. I have taken the top two teirs off the skirt and cut out the white shirts for the top of the sun dress. I'm hoping to sew it up later and wear it tomorrow.

I've also made good progress on the special outfit for my daughter, the top is finished. It just needs a good press and the culottes are nearly done. They just need hemming and a waist band. Daughter's away this week so I will hopefully have it finished for when she returns, in case of last minute adjustments. She needs the outfit for a football presentation evening on 5 June, and both children are visiting Granny the week before the presentation so next weekend will be the only time for adjustments (what will I do without the children for a whole week!!!!).





Sorry about the pictures being sideways, they show alright when I view them in my picture gallery but somehow when I upload them they revert to being sideways!!

1 comment:

  1. Both look lovely, not thought of attaching a skirt and a top together to make a dress.... Sideways photos are such a pain, I've usually struggled to post something and then found I haven't rotated them, and can't be bothered to go back and do it all again.

    ReplyDelete