Monday 3 May 2010

Running,washing and cooking



I joined a 5 mile 'fun run' this morning, this really is the most inappropriate name ever!!! I do not intend posting a picture of me running. Anyway it was completed in 43 mins and 52 seconds which wasn't too bad.

Then I had to come back and try to get some washing done. There was a good wind as long as you missed the showers so it was fairly sucessful.



As the kids go back to school tomorrow and I go back to work, I had to do some baking for lunch boxes. A batch of rock cakes, cheese and bacon scone round and more bread. I bake cakes nearly every week for lunch boxes, one per day per person is proably frowned upon by the school but they have got to be better than biscuits.



I usually bake a savoury snack as well for lunch boxes and I also take this to work for lunch with some homemade soup if there isn't a savoury snack I just take bread . The soup frozen in individual portions in containers. I leave it defrosting at work during the morning and heat it in the microwave at lunchtime. I have found this to be an excellent way to use up lots of garden produce gluts. Unfortunately at this time of year there's not a lot about so my soup is mostly potato and leek (although these are definately worse for wear now) or for variety I make a batch of spicy lentil. If I'm bored of soup I have cheese and homemade chutney sandwiches. I am sure most of the people I work with are convinced that I am mad and do get some odd looks when heating up my containers of soup.

On the homegrown food front we do have asparagus and lots of rhubarb. Anyone got any good recipes for Rhubarb?

No comments:

Post a Comment