Sunday 30 January 2011

Making a mannequin - the Conclusion

The mannequin making has been a great success.  I will now be able to take much better pictures of my outfits, which was my main aim.  She is certainly accurate enough to my body that I will be able to use her for fittings for most of my sewing.  I tend to usually make semi fitted items, I would have reservations about using her for very fitted items.
She is quite firm, not squidgy like a teddy bear, this might be because I used rags to stuff her and not propper stuffing material.  The down side of using rags is that she is quite heavy.  I have made her firmer by coating the outside of the 'jumper' with a layer of paint.  Eventually I am going to paint her a pretty bodice so that she looks nice stood in the corner of my conservatory/workroom.  However, I'm far too eager to use her this week to do the painting. 
I am planning to finally blog a whole weeks worth of work outfits.  I have tried this before but never succeeded to get all my outfits.  So watch this space, I'll be back tommorrow evening with outfit number 1.
P.S.  I thought the mannequin needed a name, so I have called her Millie.

No comments:

Post a Comment