Tuesday 25 January 2011

New Slipper's

My felted slipper boots, which I made many years ago are finally beyond repair.  I took off the leather soles to darn the holes (for the umteenth time) and then thought better of it.  I had a magazine from a friend just after Christmas and ever since I have wanted to crochet the slipper's from it. 

The pattern size was unfortunately a bit too small for me, but after a few attempts and a change to the hook size I have managed to get them coming out the correct size.  The yarn was again taken from my 'inherited' stash and is one of my favourite colours.  When they are complete I will put a leather sole on them as this protcts the slippers from being damaged too much by the tiled floor in my kitchen, they also stop me slipping on my wooden floors.

No comments:

Post a Comment