Tuesday 18 January 2011

Ravelry

I've been using Ravelry for patterns, or more usually for inspiration, for several years but I never seem to have had a good set up for setting up my projects.  Well today I found them time to make a start thanks to the new netbook and now the ability to upload pictures properly.  So far only the bodywarmer and the latest W.I.P. have been uploaded.

For once the latest in-progress is actually knitted to a pattern, and as its knitted on size 12mm needles its knitting up really fast.  Its a rectangle loose top knitted side to side with a slit for the armsand no fastenings.  The grey yarn is Rowan silky tweed.  My aunt gave me a voucher for Christmas with the instruction that it was to buy yarn and I managed to pick this yarn up in the sales.  The red and cream is from my stash.  The original intention was to make another bodywarmer (there's still some duvet left and I love it to bits its so warm), but somehow it didn't seem right for a bodywarmer.  We are going to dinner with aunty and some other family members next weekend so I'm hoping to have this finished and ready to wear.  It's going to be just perfect with my newest shoes and some black trousers.  As this will be quite loose when finished it might need to be belted in (I saw someone wearing one in that way on Friday) and I have just the belt for this, in lovely berry red leather.

Nearly forgot to mention, I'm on Ravelry as buckinghamgirl, if anyone wants to see further details.
Now I'm off to make cookies for tea and check if the bread I made has risen well.

No comments:

Post a Comment