Friday 4 February 2011

Friday

Hooray, it's Friday.  The last day of the week that I actually 'go to work'.  Today's outfit is rather subdued for me, but I love it because it alway's seems to get compliments.  It's also what I consider to be a cheat outfit as I didn't make it.  I bought this gorgeous grey cashmere knit dress in a charity shop a couple of years ago.  It's actually mid calf length but I couldn't show this because the knit fabric pulls in on itself and it looks really odd on 'Millie' as she stops at the hips.
The scarf and belt are made by me.  The scarf is a really simple pattern, ny friend taught me.  Cast on 10 stitches, First row: cast off 4 stiches and knit 8 stitches, second and subsequent rows: Cast off 4 stitches, knit 4 stitches, cast on 4 stitches.
The belt was made from an old buckle and a piece of faux suade that I had left over from some place mats I made.
This is the end of my workwear clothes.  I'll put a final post for this series on Sunday to show my weekend clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment