Wednesday 2 February 2011

Wednesday

Half way through the week ..... and here's the latest outfit.  I tried to get some close-ups rather than a full length picture.  Basically it is a knee length olive wrap skirt, a cream shirt, a crochet pale sea green scarf and a chunky knit bolero.

The skirt was made from a remnant and an old pattern that I first made in about 1994.  The remnant wasn't quite big enough and I had to cut the front skirt, under the wrap over, in two sections rather than asingle peice.  As it's under the wrap it really doesn't show.
The bolero was made last January.  The yarn is Rowan biggy print (I still have some left but don't know what to make with it) and the fringing is Rowan cocoon.  Both were bought in the January sale with my Christmas money.
The scarf was my first ever crochet item last January, I had been making the bolero and had left the yarn and the crochet hook out after I made the fringing on the bolero sleeves.  It was acold snowy morning and I sat there with a patern book which contained the crochet instructions and suddenly I found that I was crocheting the scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment