Sunday 27 February 2011

Spring Flowers - the inspiration continues


I hope that nobody got the wrong impression about my following fashion.  I'm not a slave to it.  But I do like new things and if I can't have new then a change is as good.

This year I seem to be in luck, flowers are everywhere and I have loads of flowery things, as they are a favourite of mine.  Today's outfit features flowery maxidresses, another favourite of mine.






And here's my version, without and with a black jacket.

This almost floor length maxidress was made about five years ago.  I got the material very cheap on the internet and the pattern was free with a magazine I used to buy at the time, this version of the dress has a V-neck front and back with a zip up the back.  The ric-rac was given to me by my nan to help create the seventies look.  The black jacket was a present (also from my nan) so many years ago that I have fogotten.  I haven't worn the dress for a few years now, but in the past I have been stopped whilst in the supermarket and told how lovely it was.  I can see me wearing this a lot this spring.  With a long sleeved white top underneath and thick black tights and boots to start with, then moving to bare legs and sandals when the weather gets warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment