Thursday 24 February 2011

Stash busting


I have been unable to work on the blue crochet cardi for my mum as she is staying with me at the moment.  Unfortunately the cardi won't be ready for her to take when she goes, but I do have a few weeks until Mother's Day so I will just have to post it when it is finished.

In the meantime I have been looking into my stash to find out what to tackle next.  I have lots of small amounts in lots of different colours.  But I'm not sure what to do with it.  I have seen many jumpers and cardigan's with stripes or fairisle designs but I'm really not sure. 

I have bought a couple of fashion mags recently. I do this periodically to help me update my wardrobe with new clothes and also to give me new ideas on how to combine my existing clothes.  In one of these I saw a fabulous seventies inspired crochet dress, with zig-zag stripes on the skirt section and a simple striped vest for the top section.  I am trying to work out how I can create a similar item.  Watch this space for progress or news of disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment