Thursday 3 February 2011

Thursday

Here's Thursday's outfit.  I really love this fairilse tank top knitted several years ago from a Rowan pattern.  I was trying to use up oddments of yarn so it was perfect (given my current stash, I can feel the need to make another one!).
I wear the tank top over a cream shirt and with my navy blue flare trousers.  I think the trousers are the oldest item in my wardrobe.  They were the first thing I made when I re-took-up dressmaking 11 years ago. I was really proud of the white'tramline' top stitching down the side of the legs and the top stitching on the back pockets.  The pattern is an original from the seventies, which I think was originally bought by my nan to make clothes for my aunt.  I have to mention that I do notice a size difference between this pattern and more recent patterns that I own.  With this pattern I definately need a UK size 14, for more modern pattern's I often find a size 12 too large round my waist.

No comments:

Post a Comment