Tuesday 22 February 2011

New Clothes

After all the effort I have put into the parties I thought I deserved a little treat and as I'm off work this week I took a walk into town to visit the charity shops.  The thing I love most about charity shop shopping is that you never know quite what you will find.  I'm trying to smarten up my image a little for work and so I was trying to stay away from the things that I would normally go for - flowery shirts and long flowing skirts.

I found this gorgeous checked jacket, which was absolutely brand new (I removed the original shop tag myself).  I also found a rather nice pair of grey trousers and a blue pencil skirt, all of which will be great for work with some of my existing clothes.  I have a lovely black chiffon blouse that I made that will go with the blue skirt.  A very nice black, grey and mauve jacket that I bought a long time ago and a white shite that I made to go with the grey trousers and probably plain black to go with the jacket, so that the jacket really is the focus of the outfit.

I'm rather pleased with these finds, and if I get time later in the week I will go again.  I'm also planning another Sewing Sunday, if I can decide what to make.  I have some dark red jersey fabric that I love, but I can't quite decide on a pattern.  Or there's some dark 'ink' blue cord that would make a nice jacket...........

No comments:

Post a Comment